When Boy Meets Girl: How to Tell If a Guy is Flirting with You
Flirting may consist of any expression through stylized gestures, body language, provocative speech, postures, or physiological signs which serves as an initial act of intimacy to another person. Among these examples, at least in a Western civilization, are:
- Banter- is the playful or friendly exchange of teasing remarks.
- Blowing a kiss- may be an expression to say ‘I love you or I want to kiss you, but I am not ready for kissing yet.’ On the other hand, it could also mean ‘I want to kiss you but I am not close enough, so I will just blow a kiss for you.’
- Casual touches; such as a man gently touching a woman’s elbow to guide her through the crowd.
- Coyness- being affectedly shy or modest, to be marked by cute, coquettish, or with artful playfulness (pickup lines).
- Eye contact, eyelashes batting, staring, and winking, etc.
- Flattery words (regarding beauty or sexual attractiveness)
- Footsie-flirting- is a form to seduce in which people use their feet to play with another person’s feet.
- Giggling, chuckling or laughing encouragingly at any slight hint of intimacy from the other person’s behavior.
- Imitating of behaviors – changing posture as the other one does, or taking a drink when the other person takes a drink.)
- Maintaining very close distance throughout casual talking.
- Texting, online chatting and other direct messaging services while hinting their affection
- Random signals, like touching one’s hair
- Sending notes, poems, or small gifts
- Singing specially chosen love songs in the presence of the girl or boy.
- Smiling suggestively
- Staging of “chance” opportunities/encounters.
- Eyebrow raising
While flirting may vary depending on an individual’s cultural and spiritual background, character, and social etiquette, special observations made by professionals was proven to be true when it comes to knowing if a person is flirting or not. Here are some hints for you to tell if a guy likes you through his flirting.
Detect your date’s face.
Most of the flirting gesture starts with facial expressions. Here are few of the things to watch for in your date’s face:
- Tilting of the head. If your date tilts his head slightly while he looks at you, you may bet he is subconsciously showing you he is interested to you.
- Flashing of the eyebrow. In other words, observe if your man will lift his eyebrows when he looks at you. Though they are subtle, men tend to lift their eyebrows quickly when they see someone they are attracted to.
- Flared nostrils. Oftentimes, a man’s nostrils will flare slightly when he is interested in a woman. The gesture gives his face with a more “open” expression and betters his probability of appearing attractive to you.
- A flirtatious smile. Many ways can a man flash his flirtatious smiles at you while you are just in the process of getting to know each other:
- The sneer. While at first this can come across as coy and cute, it is often an indication that the guy just wants something physical. The half smile is meant to look alluring and mysterious without engaging you to get emotionally attached.
- The closed-mouth smile. This smile is generally construed as a good thing; he is into you, but he is just a bit shy. Do not be surprised if it takes awhile till he open up to you.
- The smirk. This smile is easy to get confused with the closed-mouth smile. Though, generally the smirk will come from only one side of the mouth, but the close mouth smile will be the same on both sides.
Discern his eye contact.
If you have just met, he may look away each time he catches you looking at him. But as you get more comfortable being together, you will notice stronger eye contact and more gazes that last longer than a couple of seconds.
Watch his chest.
A man keeps his chest pointed towards the most important thing in the room for him. Therefore, a guy who is interested in knowing you will keep his torso and shoulders pointed at you, even if he’s looking in a different direction.
- Note: this also holds true for his pelvis. If you are standing far apart and he keeps his pelvis directed to you, even when he turns, he is probably interested.
Peek at his legs.
If he is standing with his feet set wide apart, he is trying to look powerful and showing off for you.
Be aware of his hands.
If you see him hooks his hands on his pockets or belt loops, he probably be trying to subconsciously move your interest to that part of his body. Similarly, standing with his hands on his hips is a subconscious way for the guy to look powerful and sexy for you.
Gage his giggle-factor.
Does he laugh effortlessly around you? A guy who is attracted to you and comfortable around you will laugh more effortlessly than a man who cares less. In addition, the guy may also try harder to make you laugh or get you to notice him. If your guy is exceptionally silly around you or extremely loud when you are in the same room, you may bet he is hoping you find him as funny as he finds you.
Take cautious watch when he is standing near you.
He may try to move in closer when you don not seem to be watching to test if you feel comfortable around him. During normal conversations, a man will be one and a half to two feet away from the person he’s talking to. If he is closer, you can take that as a sign that he is attracted to you.
Notice the proximity when you sit next to each other.
If the guy leans in very close and pressed against your shoulder to whisper to you, if he bend over his head on yours or on your shoulder, or if he nudges you or lightly pushes you, these are all signs he is interested in you.
- Imagine Dragons
- The Newest News in Science and Technology
- Justin Moore: 2014 ACM Awards Nominee
- Blake Shelton Nominations Are In!
- When Boy Meets Girl: How to Tell If a Guy is Flirting with You
- Understanding Why Some People Just Can’t Let Go of a Bad Habit
- HBO’s Westworld – An Interesting Look at Humans and Artificial Intelligence
- Music as My Escape
- Benefits of Buying Musical Instruments from a Music Store Over Buying It Elsewhere
- Use a Military Bag at School- It’s Ok to be a Nerd
- Dog Health Care: A List Style
- Why Venezuela Remains a Pageant Powerhouse