Archive for the ‘Life’ Category
Imagine Dragons is busy as ever. The highly popular band is currently on tour but loyal fans will be delighted to hear that a sophomore album is also currently in the works. Frontman Dan Reynolds says about fifty demo tracks for use are already in the working pool, but as to when the actual selection will be made, they don’t know yet. Band members are planning some time off, but even that is still unclear at the moment.
As soon as the current North American tour finally wraps up, the band still has scheduled performance commitments to keep in Mexico. After that, studio work may commence; but the group won’t be pressured into rushing the second album. Drummer Daniel Platzman says it was the same way with the first album and maybe that accounts a lot for the success ‘Night Visions’ achieved when it was released in 2012. Daniel says the band puts heavy importance in the ‘tracklist creation’ stage. It’s not just about putting songs together, it’s all about the journey for them.
The new album will show points of growth and maturity, it’s definitely a bit different from the first one. As for questions about being pressured into topping the success of their first album which achieved double platinum status in the U.S. (triple platinum status in Canada), the band dismisses external worries. In his interview with Billboard, Platzman just comments, “We are pretty hard critics ourselves so there is no room for external pressure.”
High expectations from others don’t really bother them. Grateful indeed for all the recognition and affirmation they receive from media and the music industry, band members still keep their bearings on ground, focused on enjoying two things- making and playing music. Reynolds comments, “None of us got into the music profession to be recognized. We do music because we are unhappy if we aren’t doing it.”
Fans still have time to catch them live in concert, check out http://www.musotickets.com/imagine-dragons-concert-tickets-tour-dates/ for various ticketing options. They finish the current leg sometime this April then the band will be off to Europe for festival booking schedules.
Blake Shelton is a hard worker, an excellent hard-worker, and it’s good that he is getting recognition for it. It’s only right to affirm all the great things and achievements Blake has been accomplishing. He is a big asset to the country music industry.
For many seasons on the TV reality singing show “The Voice”, Blake has been mentoring aspiring music artists. He has helped launched the careers of three winning contestants on the show, showing support for them in every way that a mentor can show support. He has helping these budding artists gain exposure by bringing them into his tours and show appearances. Check http://www.musotickets.com/blake-shelton-concert-tickets-tour-dates/ for more info.
The Academy of Country Music has taken notice and has included him as a fellow nominee (along with his wife, Miranda Lambert!) in the “Entertainer of the Year” category. He is also nominated along with Taylor Swift, George Strait, and Luke Bryant.
iHeartRadio will have its first ever Music Awards and nominations have been announced. Last March 26 Channel Communications mentioned those nominated in the country genre: Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, newcomer Thomas Rhett, Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift, and no other than Blake Shelton!
The iHeartRadio Music Awards is not genre specific, it will give recognition to several styles and categories of music during the awards; but a specific award will be given for country music- ‘Country Song of the Year’.
For ‘Country Song of the Year’, the following songs have been nominated: “That’s My Kind of Night” (Luke Bryan), “Highway Don’t Care” (Tim McGraw &Taylor Swift), “It Goes Like This” (Thomas Rhett), and two songs by dear Blake Shelton- “Boys ‘Round Here” and “Mine Would Be You”.
Winners will be decided purely by fan polls, two rounds of voting will be conducted; this will continue until April 25. Cast your vote at iHeartRadio.com/awards. All nominees are actually ‘winners’ in a sense, they hold special recognition for being the firsts of all succeeding nominees in years to come.
Catch the iHeartRadio Music Awards on May 1. The three-hour event will be broadcasted lived via NBC.
Awarding starts at 7P.M., central time.
Laughter and Music, yes, these two play an important part in keeping a person sane and thriving in this world. Living in a technologically advanced age has its advantages and disadvantages. I think, the best thing about this advanced world we live in nowadays is that people enjoy the power of connection. Various modes of communication and connecting with people, products, and information are easily available to anyone.
Sadly, the worst thing about this advanced world we live in nowadays is that people can and still suffer from disconnection. Many have gotten used to a ‘distant’ type of connecting and communicating where things can easily become superficial and impersonal.
What a great relief to see that laughter and music has survived all these years, staying relevant no matter what age people live in! These two are so crucial in bringing people back to the simple and pleasant reality of true living.
The Power of Laughter
People enjoy a good laugh and will not hesitate spending time and money watching a good movie that promises lots of laughs. People are drawn to funny people. They easily navigate towards personalities that are light, positive, and just downright jolly. Stand-up comedy is one professional craft that has greatly evolved these past years. People flock in to see and hear their favorite stand-up comics perform. Why not give yourself a taste of a daniel tosh tour? Click here and experience firsthand the relaxing power of laughter. Daniel is widely known in the comedy circuit and is popular for his Tosh.O show at Comedy Central.
The Power of Music
Much scientific study has been put into the effects of music on the human body and results have been widely published. It’s been proven that music can influence the body and mind towards an intended achievement, some of which are: pain relief, relaxation, healing, increased productivity, and many others. People differ in preferences as to the type of music that appeals to them, but whatever genre it may be, any type often elicits the same response and result. Country music has a wide fan base because people from all walks of life can relate to the theme and rendition of the songs. Many top artists are country musicians. A favorite among young girls like me, Justin Moore is one of these popular country crooners. Teen girls ought to get ticketed to a justin moore tour at least once. Check this for upcoming shows.
Flirting may consist of any expression through stylized gestures, body language, provocative speech, postures, or physiological signs which serves as an initial act of intimacy to another person. Among these examples, at least in a Western civilization, are:
- Banter- is the playful or friendly exchange of teasing remarks.
- Blowing a kiss- may be an expression to say ‘I love you or I want to kiss you, but I am not ready for kissing yet.’ On the other hand, it could also mean ‘I want to kiss you but I am not close enough, so I will just blow a kiss for you.’
- Casual touches; such as a man gently touching a woman’s elbow to guide her through the crowd.
- Coyness- being affectedly shy or modest, to be marked by cute, coquettish, or with artful playfulness (pickup lines).
- Eye contact, eyelashes batting, staring, and winking, etc.
- Flattery words (regarding beauty or sexual attractiveness)
- Footsie-flirting- is a form to seduce in which people use their feet to play with another person’s feet.
- Giggling, chuckling or laughing encouragingly at any slight hint of intimacy from the other person’s behavior.
- Imitating of behaviors – changing posture as the other one does, or taking a drink when the other person takes a drink.)
- Maintaining very close distance throughout casual talking.
- Texting, online chatting and other direct messaging services while hinting their affection
- Random signals, like touching one’s hair
- Sending notes, poems, or small gifts
- Singing specially chosen love songs in the presence of the girl or boy.
- Smiling suggestively
- Staging of “chance” opportunities/encounters.
- Eyebrow raising
While flirting may vary depending on an individual’s cultural and spiritual background, character, and social etiquette, special observations made by professionals was proven to be true when it comes to knowing if a person is flirting or not. Here are some hints for you to tell if a guy likes you through his flirting.
Detect your date’s face.
Most of the flirting gesture starts with facial expressions. Here are few of the things to watch for in your date’s face:
- Tilting of the head. If your date tilts his head slightly while he looks at you, you may bet he is subconsciously showing you he is interested to you.
- Flashing of the eyebrow. In other words, observe if your man will lift his eyebrows when he looks at you. Though they are subtle, men tend to lift their eyebrows quickly when they see someone they are attracted to.
- Flared nostrils. Oftentimes, a man’s nostrils will flare slightly when he is interested in a woman. The gesture gives his face with a more “open” expression and betters his probability of appearing attractive to you.
- A flirtatious smile. Many ways can a man flash his flirtatious smiles at you while you are just in the process of getting to know each other:
- The sneer. While at first this can come across as coy and cute, it is often an indication that the guy just wants something physical. The half smile is meant to look alluring and mysterious without engaging you to get emotionally attached.
- The closed-mouth smile. This smile is generally construed as a good thing; he is into you, but he is just a bit shy. Do not be surprised if it takes awhile till he open up to you.
- The smirk. This smile is easy to get confused with the closed-mouth smile. Though, generally the smirk will come from only one side of the mouth, but the close mouth smile will be the same on both sides.
Discern his eye contact.
If you have just met, he may look away each time he catches you looking at him. But as you get more comfortable being together, you will notice stronger eye contact and more gazes that last longer than a couple of seconds.
Watch his chest.
A man keeps his chest pointed towards the most important thing in the room for him. Therefore, a guy who is interested in knowing you will keep his torso and shoulders pointed at you, even if he’s looking in a different direction.
- Note: this also holds true for his pelvis. If you are standing far apart and he keeps his pelvis directed to you, even when he turns, he is probably interested.
Peek at his legs.
If he is standing with his feet set wide apart, he is trying to look powerful and showing off for you.
Be aware of his hands.
If you see him hooks his hands on his pockets or belt loops, he probably be trying to subconsciously move your interest to that part of his body. Similarly, standing with his hands on his hips is a subconscious way for the guy to look powerful and sexy for you.
Gage his giggle-factor.
Does he laugh effortlessly around you? A guy who is attracted to you and comfortable around you will laugh more effortlessly than a man who cares less. In addition, the guy may also try harder to make you laugh or get you to notice him. If your guy is exceptionally silly around you or extremely loud when you are in the same room, you may bet he is hoping you find him as funny as he finds you.
Take cautious watch when he is standing near you.
He may try to move in closer when you don not seem to be watching to test if you feel comfortable around him. During normal conversations, a man will be one and a half to two feet away from the person he’s talking to. If he is closer, you can take that as a sign that he is attracted to you.
Notice the proximity when you sit next to each other.
If the guy leans in very close and pressed against your shoulder to whisper to you, if he bend over his head on yours or on your shoulder, or if he nudges you or lightly pushes you, these are all signs he is interested in you.
- Understanding Why Some People Just Can’t Let Go of a Bad Habit
- HBO’s Westworld – An Interesting Look at Humans and Artificial Intelligence
- Music as My Escape
- Benefits of Buying Musical Instruments from a Music Store Over Buying It Elsewhere
- Use a Military Bag at School- It’s Ok to be a Nerd