Beyoncé’s Dressing Room Demand: All-White Furniture
An office clergy requires a desk in his office, a painter needs an easel in his workshop, and for a famous celebrity performer—a dressing room that goes along with all her demands. Since their dressing rooms had served to be their very own “workplace”. It is a common right for a celebrity performer to have her divalicious, dressing room demands.
While some celebrity backstage rider wishes may confirm diva suspicions like a barber’s chair for Kanye West. Some may be related to health like when Katy Perry demanded an all veggie buffet in her dressing room. Lady Gaga outwardly wanted a mannequin with some puffy pink pubic hair for some crazy (or well maybe valid) reason, and Beyoncé’s tour ultimatum seems to be quite mundane.
Beyoncé Knowles Carter, as being a wife of Shawn Corey Carter (AKA stage name Jay-Z), would obviously require the space to be fully baby-proofed for the safety of her then 2-year-old baby Blue Ivy, but the singer also requested that her dressing room must be furnished with an all-white wash furniture and for the room temperature to stay at 72 degrees. (Back in Bey’s 2012 tour rider she requested her room to be kept 78 degrees; she must have warmed up since then.)
The 32-year-old singer also listed two bars of Irish Spring Bar Soap, some expensive grapefruit scented candles, and also asked that “all food and drinks are to be presented on a table with a clean (and should be) white tablecloth.” As if somebody dumb would dare to give Queen Bey a dirty tablecloth.
The “Love On Top” singer justifiably has a no camera-policy on set, and like a true diva fashion requested that a large second room has to be set up with a giant vanity mirror and stage lighting to make sure her hair and makeup team can make the star look her best for the performance.
In addition to her mundane “all-white” whimsy wishes, the singer required that there could absolutely be no Coca-Cola products anywhere in the vicinity of her set as Beyoncé’s current contract only allows her to be seen with Pepsi products.
- Imagine Dragons
- The Newest News in Science and Technology
- Justin Moore: 2014 ACM Awards Nominee
- Blake Shelton Nominations Are In!
- When Boy Meets Girl: How to Tell If a Guy is Flirting with You
- Understanding Why Some People Just Can’t Let Go of a Bad Habit
- HBO’s Westworld – An Interesting Look at Humans and Artificial Intelligence
- Music as My Escape
- Benefits of Buying Musical Instruments from a Music Store Over Buying It Elsewhere
- Use a Military Bag at School- It’s Ok to be a Nerd
- Dog Health Care: A List Style
- Why Venezuela Remains a Pageant Powerhouse